HEAD OF NEW VENTURES & TECHNOLOGY PROSPECTS @ IBERDROLA
DIEGO DÍAZ PILAS
Executive with broad international experience in the Energy and Telecomms sectors in different roles related to venture capital, innovation and tech development.
Diego is responsible for the management of Iberdrola´s venture capital program – Iberdrola Ventures – PERSEO, that invests & collaborates with the most promising smart energy start-ups worldwide, and he also leads the Technology Prospective Analysis unit in charge of assessing the potential of key technologies for the future of the energy sector.
He joined Iberdrola in 2008 and since then he has contributed to the launch and management of the company´s VC program, engaging its activity with the corporate innovation strategy. Since 2012 he is Head of the program, with senior responsibility for the management of the New Ventures area:
• Leading a team of investment & innovation professionals with extensive experience in the energy sector.
• +70 M€ under management as of today.
• Performed due diligence on 2500+ deals, closing many strategic direct investments for Iberdrola.
• Currently responsible for 10 portfolio companies worldwide focused on tech and innovative business models in the energy sector focused on mobility, DERs, Digital Energy & Energy Storage among others.
• Executed several financially successful exits.
• Currently serving on the board as a director or observer at Wallbox, Innowatts, Stem, Atten2 .